Saturday, July 7, 2018

Where did I go? I am invisible. You cannot see me. My body has melted inside the egg, and my bones are floating around in the soup, steeping it with minerals and the juices from my marrow. I feel the deaths of every devoured creature, the births of every insect, swirling around in my lungs. I feel their boiling blood bursting forth through my eye sockets, I can taste the stench of chewed worms inside toothed beaks. I am vomiting forth my own new body. I am as a bird in flight, soaring to the sky to sear my feathers on the Sun's rays, so I can eat my own charred flesh and delight in its roasted flavor. I am like the winds of the sky, the waters in a well. Can you hear the sounds I make? Mayhaps. But I will not let you see me. I am invisible. Where did I go? I am with you now, and farther away from you than you can possibly hope to imagine.

Where did you go? It's like you don't even exist anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we hear you...